Thread: How to use 6 simcard on pika warp?

khairul Guest

Default How to use 6 simcard on pika warp?

Hi everyone.

i would like to ask about gsm module.
    it is possible to use 6 simcard for 6 lines on pika warp?
    what i know is 1 pika warp can used 2 GSM module which can use 4 simcard only.
    it is required for me to use 2 pika warp in order to use the 6 simcard?

thank you.

The current Warp (v2) and Warp GSM module is only capable of a maximum of 4 channels as you point out.

There is plans to release a 4 port Warp GSM module allowing up to 8 connections per unit in future Warp versions. Details and datasheet for this can be found here - http://www.pikatechnologies.com/english/View.asp?x=1286

khairul Guest

thanks for the reply.

can i used 2 pika warp in order to use 6 connections of GSM.?
    for example,
    Warp 1 used 4 channels and warp 2 used 2 channel.
    but,
    i only created the SIP extensions on Warp 1.
    any call from Warp 2 will be ring the extension at Warp 1.

it is possible.?

thank you.

carlostico Guest

Hi

In theory a pika with 2 GSM 2 Radios Card / 4 Sim Slots GSM cards should handle 8 GSM cards = 8 Trunks

Thats what they told me in the begging when i purchased the GSM module
    but for some reason they didn't enable the internal modules yet they told me that it wasn't a priority at that moment.

Here is the detail of the cards ... how many trunks how many radios how many sim slots:

** << table removed >> **

I hope they soon enable all the Sims on the cards that will fix the problem , they cannot sell a product telling certain characteristics and then tell you that its not fully enabled yet.

I'm still waiting over a year.

They say :

"There is plans to release a 4 port Warp GSM module allowing up to 8 connections per unit in future Warp versions. Details and datasheet for this can be found here - http://www.pikatechnologies.com/english/View.asp?x=1286"

But can we belive this if they didn't do it when they released the GSM cards , I think its a matter of drivers or the work on the GSM card I dont think its releated to new Pika Devices specifically since this was offered in PIKA v1
    Last edited by pikasupport; 06-05-13 at 03:08 PM.

Hi Carlos,

We apologize you were misinformed about the current GSM module. The number of ports per GSM module is limited by the number of antenna connections and radios present and not the number of SIM slots. Because of this the current GSM module will always only support 2 channels.

Also we remove the table as it is dated and inaccurate.

\Pika Support

Yes, it is possible to automatically route calls from a channel on one Warp to another. This is typically done with an Asterisk IAX connection.

>> Khairul wrote:

>> thanks for the reply.

>> can i used 2 pika warp in order to use 6 connections of GSM.?
    >> for example,
    >> Warp 1 used 4 channels and warp 2 used 2 channel.
    >> but,
    >> i only created the SIP extensions on Warp 1.
    >> any call from Warp 2 will be ring the extension at Warp 1.

>> it is possible.?