Thread: Can I have multiple phones but just 1 incoming call at a time?

iric Guest

Default Can I have multiple phones but just 1 incoming call at a time?

This is what I want:

incoming call goes through time conditions. If they meet the call will be placed in a queue with MoH.
    This already works fine, but I'd like to have multiple phones ring when there is a call, but as soon as one of the phones is used all calls should be held in the queue until the phone is ready. Ofcourse with only one phone connected this works fine, but can I make this work with more phones?

Hi iric,

It sounds like you will want to have a look at the Ring Groups feature in FreePBX to give your phones the capability to act together.

But could you elaborate on the exact scenario you are trying to accomplish? Specifically the part - 'but as soon as one of the phones is used all calls should be held in the queue until the phone is ready.' It sounds like you want all the phones to be busy at once?

iric Guest

Actually all phones should act like 1, so if I have a call on phone 2 or phone 3 the line should be busy (but busy will redirect to my queue).
    So can I make all phones act like one with ring groups?

No, ring groups are not directly capable of this. This would require dialplan customization.

Are these all SIP phones? What is the purpose of this setup? - to try and mimic premise analog phones?

iric Guest

They are all SIP phones.
    The purpose is that there is 1 person answering the phone, but there are multiple phones on different locations, so if the person is speaking on phone 1 he will be in location 1, so when another person is calling he/she should get in the queue and not be redirected to a free phone in location 2 or 3 until all phones are free, then they should all ring again.
    It's like mimicing an analog single line, but with multiple phones connected to it. (without the part that you can listen in on any location).