Thread: Error compiling libidn

olja Guest

Default Error compiling libidn

I'm developing a IVR solution using a PIKA WARP with a php website for configuration and administration.

Using PADS 2.2.0.56 i run:

make defconfig
    make menuconfig (uncheck asterisk and check grandprix)
    make

During the proccess I got the following error when compiling libidn

mkdir .libs
    ppc_4xxFP-gcc -std=gnu99 -g -O2 -o .libs/idn idn.o idn_cmd.o ../lib/.libs/libidn.so ../gl/.libs/libgnu.a -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/home/NewPads/PADS_2.2.0.56/build_warp/root/usr/lib
    idn.o: In function `usage':
    /home/NewPads/PADS_2.2.0.56/build_warp/libidn-1.9/src/idn.c:75: undefined reference to `libintl_dgettext'
    /home/NewPads/PADS_2.2.0.56/build_warp/libidn-1.9/src/idn.c:79: undefined reference to `libintl_dgettext'
    /home/NewPads/PADS_2.2.0.56/build_warp/libidn-1.9/src/idn.c:82: undefined reference to `libintl_dgettext'
    /home/NewPads/PADS_2.2.0.56/build_warp/libidn-1.9/src/idn.c:86: undefined reference to `libintl_dgettext'
    /home/NewPads/PADS_2.2.0.56/build_warp/libidn-1.9/src/idn.c:98: undefined reference to `libintl_dgettext'
    idn.o:/home/NewPads/PADS_2.2.0.56/build_warp/libidn-1.9/src/idn.c:102: more undefined references to `libintl_dgettext' follow
    idn.o: In function `main':
    /home/NewPads/PADS_2.2.0.56/build_warp/libidn-1.9/src/idn.c:147: undefined reference to `libintl_bindtextdomain'
    /home/NewPads/PADS_2.2.0.56/build_warp/libidn-1.9/src/idn.c:148: undefined reference to `libintl_textdomain'
    /home/NewPads/PADS_2.2.0.56/build_warp/libidn-1.9/src/idn.c:176: undefined reference to `libintl_dgettext'
    /home/NewPads/PADS_2.2.0.56/build_warp/libidn-1.9/src/idn.c:202: undefined reference to `libintl_dgettext'
    /home/NewPads/PADS_2.2.0.56/build_warp/libidn-1.9/src/idn.c:412: undefined reference to `libintl_dgettext'
    /home/NewPads/PADS_2.2.0.56/build_warp/libidn-1.9/src/idn.c:339: undefined reference to `libintl_dgettext'
    /home/NewPads/PADS_2.2.0.56/build_warp/libidn-1.9/src/idn.c:345: undefined reference to `libintl_dgettext'
    idn.o:/home/NewPads/PADS_2.2.0.56/build_warp/libidn-1.9/src/idn.c:260: more undefined references to `libintl_dgettext' follow
    ../gl/.libs/libgnu.a(version-etc.o): In function `version_etc_va':
    /home/NewPads/PADS_2.2.0.56/build_warp/libidn-1.9/gl/version-etc.c:65: undefined reference to `libintl_gettext'
    /home/NewPads/PADS_2.2.0.56/build_warp/libidn-1.9/gl/version-etc.c:67: undefined reference to `libintl_gettext'
    /home/NewPads/PADS_2.2.0.56/build_warp/libidn-1.9/gl/version-etc.c:141: undefined reference to `libintl_gettext'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[4]: *** [idn] Error 1
    make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/NewPads/PADS_2.2.0.56/build_warp/libidn-1.9/src'
    make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/NewPads/PADS_2.2.0.56/build_warp/libidn-1.9/src'
    make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/NewPads/PADS_2.2.0.56/build_warp/libidn-1.9'
    make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/NewPads/PADS_2.2.0.56/build_warp/libidn-1.9'
    make: *** [/home/NewPads/PADS_2.2.0.56/build_warp/libidn-1.9/.installed] Error 2

Any ideas???

Hi olja,

This error is caused by missing dependencies. In this specific case it is a missing 'gettext' reference in the libidn.mk file. But I have tried what you are trying awhile ago and I remember encountering other errors - specifically in the php package.

I would recommend (if possible) using the latest 2.2 PADS version - 2.2.8 - and not 2.2.0.56. If this is not possible then I would take a look at two specific files for 2.2.0.56 corrections.

1) http://svn.pikatech.com/pads/distro/...bidn/libidn.mk

Code:
    TARGETS+=libidn
    to
    Code:
    TARGETS+=libiconv gettext libidn
    2) http://svn.pikatech.com/pads/distro/...age/php/php.mk

Code:

ifeq ($(strip $(PADS_PACKAGE_PHP)),y)
     ifeq ($(strip $(PADS_PACKAGE_PHPWEB)),y)
      TARGETS+=libxml libidn libpng freetype2 libiconv curl gettext mysql php
     else
      TARGETS+=libxml sqlite php
     endif
    endif
    to

Code:

ifeq ($(strip $(PADS_PACKAGE_PHP)),y)
    ifeq ($(strip $(PADS_PACKAGE_PHPWEB)),y)
    TARGETS+=gettext libidn libpng freetype2 curl mysql php
    else
    TARGETS+=libxml sqlite php
    endif
    endif
    (The problem being the presence of tabs.) Hope this helps.

olja Guest

Hi mrecoskie,

I made the changes and everything works.

Thankyou very much for the help.

olja