Thread: How to do a call transfer when recieving a call on a GSM Channel

vdestra Guest

Question How to do a call transfer when recieving a call on a GSM Channel

Hello,

I have a Pika Warp with 2 GSM Modules (or 4 channels).
    How can I do a call forward to my own cellphone when someone calls channel 2?

Why I need this?
    - We have a 24h/24h service on a GSM number.
    - When the number is called during the day, I have a ring group that can handle the call.
    - When the number is called after work hours, the call should be transfered to my cellphone, and I want the warp to use channel 1 todo the tranfer on.

Can anyone explain how-to?
    I already searched the internet and google and all, but no clear answer.
    I thougt this was the perfect place to give this a nice HOW-TO.

Tnx Bert

Hi Bert,

It sounds like you ideally want basic time-of-day routing. If using FreePBX, this can be added through a module called 'Time Conditions' - not present by default. Then when a call comes in on GSM ch2 it can be routed to GSM ch1. With this approach it will busy two GSM channels and the Warp stays in the call path.

More efficient is to enable call forwarding/diverting on the GSM channel if your network/carrier supports that. The GSM command of interest for this is AT+CCFC.

Let me know if you would like more info on either method.

vdestra Guest

Hi mrecoskie

I would love to know more about the AT command way to do it.
    I've been testing this, and I would love to be able to ssh to my warp and just give the correct cli to change the forward when it's needed.

I'm testing this, and the ssh is easy, and getting to the CLI is no problem so this is what I try to do...
    My GSM provider here in Belgium is PROXIMUS.
    Here is some more info about my GSM channels
    warp*CLI> gsm show status
    warp*CLI>
    Port Status InUse Provider Home Zone Signal Quality

1 (0) REGISTERED n "PROXIMUS" y -53dbm
    2 (0) REGISTERED n "PROXIMUS" y >= -51dbm
    My provider tells me the following, to do a call forward I can send a command with my mobile phone like this:
    **61*+32470000000#
    After that I press the call key on my phone, the call forward is activated.
    I'm also able to go into the menu of any mobile phone and go to call forward and activate it. This means, my provider has the option to forward all the calls.

Now I'm trying to achief this on the warp without taking the simcards out of the GSM Module, but them in a mobile phone, bla bla, do it all, back in warp, ...

So I am trying the following commands (+32470000000 is another nr to forward to)
    COMMAND: warp*CLI> gsm send at 1 "**61*+32470000000**10#"
    ANSWER: warp*CLI>
    Or like you suggested...
    COMMAND: warp*CLI> gsm send at 1 "AT+CCFC"
    ANSWER: warp*CLI>
    It's like the AT commands don't do anything? ...

Can anyone help me out here? Am I stupid?

Tnx for all the help!

Quote Originally Posted by mrecoskie View Post
    Hi Bert,

It sounds like you ideally want basic time-of-day routing. If using FreePBX, this can be added through a module called 'Time Conditions' - not present by default. Then when a call comes in on GSM ch2 it can be routed to GSM ch1. With this approach it will busy two GSM channels and the Warp stays in the call path.

More efficient is to enable call forwarding/diverting on the GSM channel if your network/carrier supports that. The GSM command of interest for this is AT+CCFC.

Let me know if you would like more info on either method.

Unfortunately the commands you are trying will not work.

The commands that are necessary looks something like this.

Code:
      gsm send at 1 AT+CCFC=0,2
    (The command above is to check if unconditional call forwarding is on; I believe 7 is off)

Code:
      gsm send at 1 AT+CCFC=0,3,"InternationalNumber"
    (The command above is to register unconditional call forwarding to the network; The number specified should be in international format and include the + sign at the beginning)

Code:
     gsm send at 1 AT+CCFC=0,1,"InternationalNumber"
    (The command above is to activate the unconditional call forwarding to the network; The number specified should have the same format as above)

Code:
      gsm send at 1 AT+CCFC=0,0
    (The command above is to deactivate the unconditional call forwarding.)

If you want to work with conditions then the following command will be useful.

Code:

gsm send at 1 AT+CCFC=/
    Example output:
    Code:
       P(1)> unknown event state (-1) event (+CCFC: (0,1,2,3,4,5)) smsstate (0)
       P(1)> ev (4) state (-1) event (OK) smsstate (0)
    '/' is a subsitute for the '?' character. The return from this command is a list of accepted reasons for forwarding on the network. In this case from the output 0 through 5 are acceptible. Here are the definition of reasons.

0 unconditional
    1 mobile busy
    2 no reply
    3 not reachable
    4 all call forwarding
    5 all conditional call forwarding

Once you have chosen a reason besides unconditional (0) it can be subtituted as the first parameter to all the commands listed above.

Finally references for the command can be found on the web.