Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Emdebian Based Warp Release Date ?

  1. #1
    carlostico Guest

    Default Emdebian Based Warp Release Date ?

    When do you plan to release the new update with Embdebian
    is it going to work with our old warp appliance or are you planning
    to release a new hardware review.
    Last edited by carlostico; 02-11-11 at 01:24 PM.

  2. #2
    carlostico Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carlostico View Post
    When do you plan to release the new update with Embdebian
    is it going to work with our old warp appliance or are you planning
    to release a new hardware review.
    I wonder if it will include

    Iptables and the ability to change default passwords.

  3. #3

    Default

    Yes, the new software release will work with the existing version of Warp hardware. And Iptables and password modification is being considered.
    It is still being determined the process Warps with existing software can be converted to the new software.

  4. #4
    skar Guest

    Default

    We are currently making sure that iptables can be installed on the EmDebian based WARP as this is one of the most requested features to include in our current release.

    You can always change the default passwords on the current WARP. Do you mean by this to change it in the image you flash to the WARP in the first place? Do you mean so that the changed password is persistent between upgrades?


    Skar

  5. #5
    hayesey Guest

    Default

    as a fan and long-term user of Debian I'm really looking forward to seeing this.

    It absolutely must have iptables available for it though. I wouldn't deploy a SIP system without a decent firewall on it. I'd like to see the state module on by default too as this is useful for stopping non-distributed dictionary attacks on things like SIP and SSH.

  6. #6
    carlostico Guest

    Default

    Hi

    Do you guys have a release date for the upgrade.. ?

    Thanks in advance.

  7. #7
    carlostico Guest

    Default New Firmware Release Date ?

    Nothing on the new firmware release date ????

  8. #8
    carlostico Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pikasupport View Post
    Yes, the new software release will work with the existing version of Warp hardware. And Iptables and password modification is being considered.
    It is still being determined the process Warps with existing software can be converted to the new software.

    Since you already released the new software , how can we update our pika software to the latest version ?

    Thanks in advance

  9. #9

    Default

    Due to a change in direction since this original post back in February 2011.
    The latest version of Debian software is not compatible with version 1 Warp hardware.
    Last edited by pikasupport; 11-30-11 at 11:45 AM. Reason: correction - version 1 not version 2 referenced

  10. #10
    carlostico Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pikasupport View Post
    Due to a change in direction since this original post back in February 2011.
    The latest version of Debian software is not compatible with version 2 Warp hardware.
    Did you mean

    "The latest version of Debian software is not compatible with version 1 Warp hardware" ?

    That would very unprofessional from Pika Company leaving all the old users stuck with the old software and useless hardware, you should said something before its more than a year and not one word !!! , we have been waiting patiently for the update and now nothing ??? Come On....

    Are you planning to implement an upgrade program ?

    Are the old FXS , FXO , GSM moudules going to work with the Pika Warp V2. ?

    Verey dissapointed with Pika

    Thanks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •