Thread: DTMF Problem with FXS

carlostico Guest

Default DTMF Problem with FXS

I am having problems with the DTMF on the FXS
    is there a place to setup or change the DTMF for the Pika FXS port
    i already tried to change dtmfmode=auto to dtmfmode=rfc2833
    in the trunks.

Thanks in advance.

Could you expand a little bit more on the troubles you are encountering? For example, are the problems happening when sending DTMF digits from FXS into Asterisk (i.e. an IVR)? or are the problems when generating DTMF from FXS out of a SIP channel?

carlostico Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mrecoskie View Post
    Could you expand a little bit more on the troubles you are encountering? For example, are the problems happening when sending DTMF digits from FXS into Asterisk (i.e. an IVR)? or are the problems when generating DTMF from FXS out of a SIP channel?
    Hi Mark
    Right now i am not using and IVR so i really dont know if the problem exists in the IVR too, but my main issue is when generation DTMF from FXS out of a SIP Channel
    For example when i call a bank or a company and I have to press 1, 2 etc most of the time it doesnt detect the numbers and when it detect it detects bad.
    Thanks in advance.

A good place to start is examining the Asterisk CLI logs (with verbosity of at least 9) for any obvious errors. If this does not yield anything I would be tempted to enable Montior in the dialplan.

carlostico Guest

Thanks for your answer let me try that ....