Did you know that the PIKA Warp can handle Fax transmission and reception calls?
The reception of fax calls can already be made. Upon reception, the fax file is sent to the desired user, as long as the mail manager address is specified.
What is missing is a way to drop a file and then transmit it to a specified destination. Here is what I came up with.
In order to enable this module in your FreePBX on the WARP, follow the following steps:
1. Download the module to your computer from ftp://ftp.pikatech.com/outgoing/pads...ax-188.8.131.52.tgz.
2. Open the FreePBX GUI on the WARP in your browser.
3. Select Module Admin --> Upload Module
4. Browse to where you downloaded the warpfax-184.108.40.206.tgz tarball and select it.
5. Hit upload button.
6. Enable the module using "Manage local modules" link on the top of the page.
7. Browse to System Administration and select install for the WARP System Administration module.
8. Hit Process button, then confirm and return buttons.
9. Hit "Apply Configuration Changes" but and reload.
10. Browse to Tools --> Warp Fax Config to configure the different parameters such as the outgoing circuit.
10. Browse to Tools --> Warp Fax Drop to upload a tif file to be sent out.
11. Browse to Tools --> Warp Fax Status to see if the Fax was transmitted properly.
12. Browse to Tools --> Warp Fax Support will point you back to this page.
13. To send email confirmation, you will need to set up the mail server via Tools->Mail Server Config
The following notes describes how it was implemented if you wish to update it to you liking.
- Add Transmit Fax Module for FreePBX
- Administration page to add fax tx/rx parameters for each user
- User Status Page to review Fax Call Status
- User Fax upload page for transmit purposes
- Send email confirmation once Fax has been transmitted.
- The Fax call shall be reported in CDRs.
- From the main administration page the “admin” user adds user account
- The admin administers fax configuration pages
- The user can then upload a tiff file or a pdf file (as long as the ghostscript package is installed) for transmission purposes.
- The user can monitor the FAX call status on a per call basis.
Fax Configuration Page
The Fax administration page will include the following fields
- Maximum Fax Retries
- Retry time
- Wait Time
- Circuit string (PIKA/...)
Fax Transmission Upload Page
The Fax Transmission Upload page will include the following fields
- Browse File directory and upload the file to Fax Drop directory
- Phone numbers to send it to.
Fax Status Page
The Fax status page will include the following fields
- Call Start time
- Call status
- Call Number dialed
Phase 1 : Get familiarized
- Refer to .call syntax in:
- Refer to freePBX module development
Phase 2: Simple FreePBX module
- Export all FreePBX module to the development PC (refer to http://freepbx.org/trac/wiki/SvnPull)
Code:svn export http://svn.freepbx.org/modules/branches/2.5/ freepbx-modules-2.5
- Copy warpsystemtools as a base example into freepbx-modules-2.5/warpfax.
- Checked in the code in
- install.php : installation script
During installation, the /var/spool/asterisk/fax_results directory shall be created.
The [fax-tx] context shall be added in /etc/asterisk/extensions_custom.conf.
- uninstall.php : un-installation script
- functions.inc.php : helper functions
- module.xml : module definition
- page.warfaxconfig.php : Configuration page
- page.warpfaxdrop.php : Page for Fax Transmission
A file can be uploaded with the phone number to be sent.
Once uploaded, a call file is create in /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing.
The call filename format is <phonenum>_<date>_<time>.
The spooler will then try to generate the fax call and add the "Sent to Spooler" message into /var/spooler/asterisk/fax_results/faxresult.txt.
When the [fax-tx] context is invoked, the faxresult.txt file shall be updated with the fax call status.
[U]Phase 3: Add email and PDF support
- Email for Fax transmission
Once the file is dropped, an email is sent to the user to notify that it was sent to the spooler. Another one will be sent once it is actually transmitted.
- Add PDF support
If the Ghostscript package has been installed, the user may drop a pdf file and it will convert it to tiff and send it.
The module can be uploaded from ftp://ftp.pikatech.com/outgoing/pads...ax-220.127.116.11.tgz.
Does not support CDRs.