Thread: Good SD cards?

skar Guest

Default Good SD cards?

There seems to be a big difference in the speeds at which the WARP can access SD cards. I started this post to invite people to post their experience with various SD cards. The main issue appears to be the speed at which we can write to the card. I test with running the card through the /sbin/format-sd script on the WARP as one gauge. Copying a large file to it is another.

I am not sure if these issues are brand, capacity, class or speed specific. Does it even vary between batches of the same exact card. Please post your experience based on running the /sbin/format-sd script on the WARP. I'll start it off ...

Brand, Capacity, Class, Type, Time for format-sd to run

Duracell, 16GB, Class 4, SDHC, ~10 minutes
    Duracell, 8GB, Class 4, SDHC, ~22 minutes (yes 1/2 capacity, twice as long)
    SanDisk, 2GB, Class 2, SD, ~15 minutes
    Kingston, 8GB, Class 4, SDHC, ~65 minutes

skar Guest

A customer has reported to me good performance from this SD card as well,

Transcend flash memory card - 16 GB - SDHC
    Mfg. Part: TS16GSDHC6

skar Guest

Default SD issues resolved in upcoming release

Just to let everyone know, we have fixed our issues with SD cards in our upcoming release. This release should be out at before the end of the first quarter of 2010. If you need better SD performance, it's coming soon.

skar Guest

Default SD issues resolved - 2.1.0.403 PADS release

The problems with running SD cards on the WARP are now resolved in our latest software release.

This release fixes the speed issues and the variability in performance. All card types should behave close to the same now and the speed increase is huge.

Skar