Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: FreePBX?

  1. #1
    gbove Guest

    Default FreePBX?

    Is this not the same version from http://forum.pikatechnologies.com/showthread.php?t=135?

    When installed I see a base debian install with Asterisk. No FreePBX or Webmin or even apache.

  2. #2
    Boris Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gbove View Post
    Is this not the same version from http://forum.pikatechnologies.com/showthread.php?t=135?

    When installed I see a base debian install with Asterisk. No FreePBX or Webmin or even apache.
    Hi,

    No it is not the same.
    FreePBX in the link above was based on Debian 4.
    It is in no way outdated and should still be considered as current release for the alternative FreePBX.

    Hopefully in the next few weeks a new FreePBX build will be available which will be based on Debian 5.

    The main purpose of Debian 5 is to allow asterisk professionals to deploy Warp's just they used to deploy PC's and for developers to port they applications to warp with ease.


    Kind Regards
    Boris

  3. #3
    gbove Guest

    Default

    Boris,

    I'll stop bothering you in the old forum, and bother you here.

    Any idea on when you'll have some kind of release of Debian5 with freepbx? I use the Debian 4 version religiously, and would love to use Debian5. I already have about four production boxs running the debian 4 release (not including my home box)

    I'm far from a Linux guru, but I know my way around enough to help out if you need a hand.

    A more mainstream distro is exactly with this platform needs. Nothing against against the devs, but PADS could be a real pain sometimes, and what's the point in reinventing the wheel?

  4. #4
    Boris Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gbove View Post
    Boris,

    I'll stop bothering you in the old forum, and bother you here.

    Any idea on when you'll have some kind of release of Debian5 with freepbx? I use the Debian 4 version religiously, and would love to use Debian5. I already have about four production boxs running the debian 4 release (not including my home box)
    Not a problem, bother me all you like
    I will finish testing new channel drivers sometime next week and will release the new version soon after.

    There will no not much new in the new release in terms of FreePBX as i think its working great as it is.

    The main change is the use of apt repository thats maintained by Junction Telecoms that has the latest channel drivers, libraries and kernel modules.

    This makes it much easier to update Warp in the field via apt-get.

    Quote Originally Posted by gbove View Post
    I'm far from a Linux guru, but I know my way around enough to help out if you need a hand.

    A more mainstream distro is exactly with this platform needs. Nothing against against the devs, but PADS could be a real pain sometimes, and what's the point in reinventing the wheel?
    Both have they own uses

    PADS does have an advantage over Debian release.
    You cannot screw it up as the root partition is readonly.
    Great from support perspective but not from end user perspective.

  5. #5
    spikeinin Guest

    Default

    A base debian install with Asterisk? how does it looks? is it really compatible?

    _________________
    Ip pbx

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •