Thread: HDLC Functions

gwouite Guest

Default HDLC Functions

Hi,

Is there any documentation about the meaning of PKH_SPAN_HDLC functions ?
    Is this a shorcut for raw interpretation of ISDN messages ?

I make a PKH_SPAN_Open, PKH_SPAN_HDLC_Open then i can't do a PKH_SPAN_Start as it doesn't seem to be compliant with the use of PKH_SPAN_HDLC functions ?

If i remove PKH_SPAN_Start, i don't have any event occurring...

Do you have any documentation about this ?

Best Regards, Guillaume.

cxu Guest

Default HDLC functions

Hi,

PKH_SPAN_HDLC_XXXX functions were designed for applications that wants to deal with call control messages at HDLC layer (the layer lower than ISDN).

Each span on Pika HMP board is equipped with 3 HDLC controllers - meaning up to 3 HDLC objects can be created for each span.

ISDN messages are built on top of HDLC layer. For each controller, you can attach either ISDN object or HDLC object to a span, but not both at the same time.

The best sample code you can find demonstrating PKH_SPAN_HDLC functions is the "DigitalLogging" application on page http://www.pikatechnologies.com/english/View.asp?x=1060.

Let us know if you have any further question...

Quote Originally Posted by gwouite View Post
    Hi,

Is there any documentation about the meaning of PKH_SPAN_HDLC functions ?
    Is this a shorcut for raw interpretation of ISDN messages ?

I make a PKH_SPAN_Open, PKH_SPAN_HDLC_Open then i can't do a PKH_SPAN_Start as it doesn't seem to be compliant with the use of PKH_SPAN_HDLC functions ?

If i remove PKH_SPAN_Start, i don't have any event occurring...

Do you have any documentation about this ?

Best Regards, Guillaume.

gwouite Guest

Thumbs up Programmer Guide

Thank you for answering my question.

I found in the Programmer Guide some few lines about those 3 HDLC Controlers and what they are made for ...

I understood that the ISDN object is using one of those controllers to simplify the Q931 interpretation.

HDLC functions are doing raw stuff on the messages sent/received by the network.

Best Regards, Guillaume.