Thread: Daytona Card tone detection

Default Daytona Card tone detection

Daytona Card tone detection

How can we get different type of tone as Dial tone , Busy Tone?
    and can I configure tone.tb as my requirement?

Default Daytona Card tone detection

Hi Abhinav,

Dialtone, ringback, busy, and fast busy tones are all considered "Call Progress" Tones. "Call Progress" tones are not detected as single tones, but rather as "patterns" of tones having a specified "cadence". These cadences will vary depending on where in the world the application is to be deployed.

For instance, in North America (where PIKA is located),
    --> "Ringback" is defined as a Call Progress tone with a cadence of 2000ms ON, and 4000 ms OFF
    --> "Busy" is defined as a Call Progress tone with a cadence of 500ms ON, 500ms OFF.
    --> "Fast Busy" is defined as a Call Progress tone with a cadence of 250ms ON, 500ms OFF
    --> "Dialtone" could be defined as a Call Progress tone with a cadence of 5000 ms ON, 0ms OFF

If you are using MonteCarlo AllOnBoard, you would pass tone index 0 (Call Progress) into the PK_VP_IncludeToneEx function. Then, PK_EVENT_ATD_TONE_ON_EX and PK_EVENT_ATD_TONE_OFF_EX events will be generated when call progress tones appear and disappear on the line. Parameter 1 of each event can be used to determine the previous on and off time of each tone.Paul

Default Daytona Card tone detection for India

Hi Paul,

You are telling these about dial tone and busy tone for North America but I want to know this for India.

Abhinav

Hi Abhinav,

Yes, the cadence of call progress tones will vary around the world. This website may help:

http://www.3amsystems.com/wireline/tone-search.htm?start=0&kCountry=81&kTone=&frequency=&c adence=

I cannot be certain this information is accurate. Do they look right to you?
    Paul