Help! Iím a linux developer and Iíve just installed the latest (2.7.8 MR) release of the HMP and GrandPrix SDKs. The SDK installation went smoothly but Iím having some problems trying to compile the grandprix ivr sample app found here:

http://www.pikatechnologies.com/engl...p?mp=804&x=799

First, I got the following error when I ranthe makefile to compile the project:

[root@alfie ivr]# make
g++ -Wall -g -fno-rtti -I. -I.. -I/usr/include/pika -c -o ivr.o ivr.cpp
ivr.cpp:24:23: error: pikagpapi.h: No such file or directory

I searched my system and found pikagpapi.h in /usr/share/pika/grandprix/source/include so I modified the makefile to point to that location.

But after I fixed that I got this error:

[root@alfie ivr]# make
g++ -Wall -g -fno-rtti -I. -I.. -I/usr/include/pika -c -o ivr.o ivr.cpp
g++ -o ivr ivr.o pk_thread.o /usr/lib/libpikagpapi.so -lpthread
g++: /usr/lib/libpikagpapi.so: No such file or directory
make: *** [ivr] Error 1
[root@alfie ivr]#

I searched for this file but it doesnít exist on my system. What gives?

[root@alfie ivr]# find / -name libpikaapi.so
[root@alfie ivr]#

==============================================

Solution:

In order to compile the sample app, the user must build the libraries according to the following instructions found in the GP 2.7 Programmerís Guide (under ďBuilding a PIKA GrandPrix SDK ApplicationĒ ). (We probably shouldíve mentioned that in the readme.txt for the sample app. )

PDF version
http://www.pikatechnologies.com/CMFi...%27s_Guide.pdf

HTML version
http://outgoingftp.pikatech.com/base...ide/index.html

• Linux - Binaries for the library files are not provided on Linux development platforms. The developer is responsible for building the libraries using the source code provided. To build the libraries:
    1. Ensure the appropriate compiler, linker, and make executables can be found in the PATH environment variable.
    2. Change directories by typing - cd /usr/share/pika/grandprix/source.
    3. Execute the command: make
      • This command makes the required libraries for GP and the component(s) under the source directory:
        • libpikagpapi.a and libpikagpapi.so.2.6.0
        • libpikagpgwy/libpikagpgwy.so.2.6.0

• The AllOnHost component must be installed on the development platform to make the library for that component.

4. Execute the command: make install
      • This command copies the libraries created by the previous command to the /usr/lib directory and creates the following symbolic links in that directory to these files:
        • libpikagpapi.so->libpikagpapi.so.2.6.0
        • libpikagpgwy.so->libpikagpgwy.so.2.6.0

5. The make commands check for the existence of the pikahmpapi.h file in the /usr/include/pika directory to determine if the AllOnHost component is to be built.

In other words, youíll have to do the following

# cd /usr/share/pika/grandprix/source
# make
# make install

After you've done that you should be able to compile the sample application.