Thread: New Pika user... did a dumb password thing

neilmc Guest

Default New Pika user... did a dumb password thing

I've received a new Pika Warp from an Australian distributor that came configured with Debian, Asterisk 1.4 & Freepbx.

I'm very impressed with the device, but............

I set a root password and got interrupted and didn't get back to it for a couple of days. I can't quite remember the password I set now :-(

I'm thinking that the solution might involve connecting to it via a serial cable and getting Debian into single user mode to reset the password. Does that sound like I'm on the right track?

Also mine didn't arrive with a serial connector. Is it the same sort of connector that typically comes with conventional motherboards. I noticed that there is a pin diagram in the documentation, so I can check the pin config.

agauthier Guest

Default Serial Connector

Hello,

Yes you are correct, you will need to reset the password using the serial connector.

The Serial connector comes with the Developer's Kit. So I suggest you contact the distributor to see if you can get it from them. Alternatively you could also build the cable yourself (refer to http://forum.pikatechnologies.com/fa...l_cable_pinout)

Then you will need to setup a tftp server on your PC.

Boot the unit, break into the UBOOT startup sequence and use the update command to load a new version of the filesystem.

reformed Guest

HI Neil,

As this is an Australianised version of Pika it is directly supported by Junction Telecoms in terms of software and hardware.

You’re welcome to send it back to Junction Telecoms free of charge for reflashing.

Best regards,

Boris

neilmc Guest

Thanks Boris,

Return has now been organised with Junction Telecoms and have been very helpful.