PDA

View Full Version : Full of Questions

praetorian46
03-11-10, 10:52 PM
Hello,
I am looking to purchase a few Pika Warp appliances for some small businesses in my area.
I have a few questions.

Would you recommend this device to act as the sole PBX for a businesses that requires 10 phones with 6 phone lines? (Voice-mail for all)
How is the software echo canceling when using analog FXO and FXS lines?
Is it possible to replace the included 1GB SD card with a larger SD? 4GB or 8GB?
Does the Pika Warp come included with Music on Hold or must I provided that?
Is there room for such music on the existing 1GB card if the answer to question #3 is "No?"

I am very excited about this product and will probably order two right away if the feed back here is positive.
Thank you,
Cody

mrecoskie
03-12-10, 12:07 PM
1) Yes. This certainly falls within the target system size of the Warp - including voicemail functionality.
2) Today the echo cancellation is done in software for fxo/fxs lines. Are you asking about the quality of the EC?
3) Yes, both 4Gb and 8GB SD cards are acceptible.
4) The Warp default image contains Asterisk sounds which includes some default music-on-hold files. The Warp also includes audio ports to inject audio from an external audio source.
5) Yes, the SD card can house music on hold files. Additionally there is 192MB of onboard memory that is read/writeable.

praetorian46
03-12-10, 01:24 PM
This is sounding very promising. But to answer question #2.
Yes. I am asking how people's experience has been with the software echo canceling?
I would hate to implement this device for a customer with the system having a noticeable echo.
They were hesitant to go with VOIP because of issues that may arise like this and I would hate for them to have any ammo against VOIP.
My goal is to eventually get them off of analog lines but if the analog lines donít sound great. That will be a hard sell.
Thank you,
Cody

praetorian46
03-22-10, 10:35 AM
I'm still waiting for a response of how well the echo canceling actually works...
I'm supposed to order hardware tonight and would really like an answer on this.
Thank you,
Cody

Rodb
03-22-10, 12:04 PM
Hi Cody,

There were audio issues early on with the Warp and echo, but with the patches released on PADS 2.0 and the latest PADS 2.1 Maintenance Release, there have not been any reports of Audio Echo issues with the Warp.

I'd recommend trying a warp with PADS 2.1 software.

Rod

praetorian46
03-22-10, 10:54 PM
Rodb,
Thanks a lot for your reply.
That brings up another question:
Is the Pads 2.1 a free upgrade? Or do I have to purchase that separately?
And also... Where can I purchase the equipment?
Are there any resellers in America?
The only two companies I can find to buy from are:

voipon.com
mapleleaf-technologies.com

I alos see on MapleLeaf Technologies' website asking the type of power desired. (PSU-EU or PSU-UK)
Are either of these the same as the US?
Will this product work in America?
Do they manufacture a US power adapter?
Are analog phone lines the same in Europe and America thus allowing the analog cards to work?
I'm sure I sound absolutely foolish asking such things but I honestly have no idea about technology out of North America.
Thanks you for bearing with me,
Cody

Rodb
03-23-10, 09:09 AM
Hi Cody,

The whole PADS sw package + FreePBX GUI can be downloaded (FREE) from the Warp community site: www.pikawarp.org. Using a USB Flash Key, its very easy to upgrade the software package. There are also some training videos on the www.pikawarp.org site.

To purchase a Warp, here is a link to contact the appropriate Sales Rep.
PIKA sells direct as well as has some distributors in various regions around the world.
http://www.pikatechnologies.com/english/view.asp?x=584

When you order a Warp, you can specify a North American Adapter or European Adapter.

The analog interfaces can be used in America or Europe because the interfaces are software configurable.

Rod

praetorian46
03-26-10, 01:23 PM
Thanks a bunch for your info.
I'm going to order a couple of these next week.
Thank you,
Cody