PDA

View Full Version : Preloaded software

vfadmin
07-08-08, 10:18 AM
What Software will be pre-loaded on your Appliance for Asterisk?

Kevin

vfadmin
07-08-08, 10:18 AM
Hi Kevin

When it is powered up it will be running a version of asterisk that can be used for demonstration purposes.
The main intent is that the Warp will be shipped as a Development Platform and customers can load an Application or a version of Asterisk that they are comfortable with.

Here is a list of the main software components that will be in the software image of the appliance.

1) uBoot (acting like the BIOS for the system)
2) Pika operating system that was derived from DENX
3) Pika's drivers to control the telephony hardware
4) Asterisk 1.4
5) AsteriskGUI 1.4

Rod

jeo100
07-13-08, 09:43 AM
the WARP comes with an older version of Asterisk GUI, that does not function properly. do you have any plans to upgrade to the latset stable verison any time soon?

rboileau
07-21-08, 03:41 PM
Hi Jeo100,

There is an updated version of the WARP Asterisk GUI in the PIKA SVN trunk if you'd like to download and try it.
We'd appreciate the feedback ! You'd have to download the whole trunk, not just the GUI bits.

PIKA will release the new GUI in the next formal release package in late August.

jeo100
07-21-08, 04:47 PM
Is it this link?
http://svn.pikatech.com/pads/distro/trunk/

please verify

rboileau
07-21-08, 05:08 PM
Yes, that is the correct link to the SVN code Trunk for the WARP Asterisk.

http://svn.pikatech.com/pads/distro/trunk/

rboileau
07-22-08, 09:47 AM
An alternative way is to modify the CONF files manually to set up the dial plans until PIKA releases an updated version of the GUI

jeo100
07-22-08, 10:04 AM
Here is some feedback,

I could create VoIP trunks now, but now I am missing menus that I had before especially the file editor to be able to edit the conf files from the GUI

The one that Digium is using in “Asterisknow” 1.0.2 is quit functional besides a few bugs, maybe you could try to implement this version.

I tried to remove and change the revision number form “asterisk-gui.mk” to get the lattes GUI but I got the same version maybe someone could guide me how to change that.

vfadmin
09-15-08, 08:25 AM
Hi,

Please download the latest WARP Appliance code to get all of the GUI changes.