PDA

View Full Version : Set CallerID in PrimeNetMM Card

vfadmin
07-08-08, 09:33 AM
I set calledid field in Q931Setup message and send it; but i not receive calledid(CallerID) in telephone.

please advice me to setting Q931Setup message for receive callerid in telephone device.

thanks.Ali

vfadmin
07-08-08, 09:34 AM
Set CallerID in PrimeNetMM Card

PIKA supports writing to, and reading from, the CallerID field of the ISDN "SETUP" message.

It is important to understand that callerID must be enabled by the telephone company (Telco) as a feature on the ISDN line.

Another consideration is that CallerID information on Analog phones is transmitted on the line between the first and second ring. If the phone is picked up before the second ring, the callerID information will not be displayed.

Paul

lusas
09-06-08, 09:59 AM
do somebody can work it??

ssummers
09-08-08, 10:53 AM
The original request has to do with sending caller ID on a digital line, not receiving caller ID.

Sending caller ID has to be approved/allowed by your Telco. The Telco usually does NOT allow people to send any number that they want.

So, even though the Pika API allows you to do this... the number you send may never make it to the far end because the Telco does not allow it.